Thursday 15 November 2012

Ooh la lingerieee! (Part 1)


Lingerie maketh the lady. You can get all third-wave on me about intelligence, poise and strength and I don't deny that all those things are of the utmost importance, in fact I passionately agree. Nevertheless, I challenge any woman to slip into a perfectly fitted matching set, teddy, bustier or chemise and feel anything but exceptional. As you can probably tell I am an absolute fiend for these textile delicacies so you can imagine how high the excitement levels got when I found myself invited to not one but TWO lingerie-centred press days.

Gilda and Pearl
The first of these glorious events was hosted by the lovely Lingerie PR. Sherece, Emma, Primrose and Emily were very welcoming to this fledgling journo and had cupcakes and wine at the ready when I arrived (how did they know?!). After I'd polished off a special Lingerie PR cupcake it was time to peruse the rails upon rails of lace, silk, satin, mesh and Lycra turned into things of bust and bum beauty.

Claudette Dessuous
As a style unicorn (COLOUR ALMOST ALL THE THINGS) the first brand that caught my eye was the beautiful Claudette Dessous. An enticing assault of colour on classic bra and bottom styles with adorable bows and super cute contrast detailing; the AW12 neons in particular are the perfect 'yang' to a darker winter wardrobe and I cannot even TELL you how excited I got to see neutrals paired with neon contrast detailing for the SS13 collection (more than a person should get excited about colour contrast...).
'We only love what we do not wholly possess'

Tatu Couture

Then, as my last blog post has hinted at, I got lured over to the dark side.... not seeing myself as suited to getting inked, a twinge of jealousy still sparks when I see one particularly well designed and crafted, especially the classics. Well looky here, lingerie that incorporates classic tattoo designs, retro cuts, straps AND mesh!? Too much to handle... almost. Tatu Couture is a pretty new brand but it's crazy innovative with its supportive bodywear that allows those of us less adventurous girls to dip a toe into the wild side with its tattoo designs. My favourite were the high waisted briefs with sheer back panel and scripted tattoo design that reads: "We love only what we do not wholly possess" - it's got temptress written all over it. Stunning and substantial enough to be worn as outerwear and then transformed into underwear at the flick of a zip... I love added value.

The other gorgeous brands included Affinitas and Parfait, super cute clean-line lingerie great for an everyday pick-me-up, retro glam in the form of Dentelle Etc's pin-up style sets and lounge-chic teddies and Gilda and Pearl - classic and elegant lingerie with a playful side.


Thank you Lingerie PR for hours of awesome company and incredible lingerie, can't wait to review my Claudette set! x

No comments:

Post a Comment